Unity Fund Project
Behold, is it not from the Lord of hosts that peoples labor merely for fire, and nations weary themselves for nothing? For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. Habakkuk 2:13-14.
In 2016, the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in America established the PCA Unity Fund to help more minority candidates get started on their journey to becoming teaching elders. The PCA Unity Fund accelerates the theological training of minorities within the Presbyterian Church in America as well as their participation in and contribution to the life of the church. We need an intentional effort like this to accelerate the growth of minority leadership if we are going to be faithful to the scriptures, true to the reformed faith, and obedient to the Great Commission.
The PCA Foundation is honored to support the PCA Unity Fund thanks to the generosity of our donors who desire to see the number of minority pastors multiplied in the denomination.
- Dollar Value of Grants to Date: $89,057
- Number of Donor-Advised Funds Providing Grants to Date: 9
There are many ways donors can use our donor-advised funds to recommend grants to the PCA Unity Fund. Here are a few ideas:
- One-Time Grants
- Recurring Grants
- Anonymous Grants
- Restricted Grant for Use at Particular Approved Seminary
- Restricted Grant for Use in Particular Presbytery
- Pledge to Recommend Recurring Grants of Certain Amount Over Certain Number of Years*
- Pledge to Recommend a Matching Grant*
- Contribution of Appreciated Marketable Securities
- Contribution of Closely-Held Business Interest or Real Estate
- Make Oneself Available for Discussion about The PCA Unity Fund with Other Foundation Donor-Advisors
The PCA Unity Fund is one of many kingdom-minded projects we introduce to our donors. The PCA Foundation is donor-driven, meaning that it makes grants pursuant to the advice of its hundreds of donor-advisors. We introduce gospel-advancing projects, provide performance information, and facilitate donor communication with grantees and with other donors. We collaborate with donors and grantees to carry out the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations. If you are interested in using a PCA Foundation fund to maximize your support of the PCA Unity Fund or interested in learning more about the services of the PCA Foundation, please contact Tim Townsend, president of the PCA Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.825.1040.
*Always pledge to recommend a grant from your fund; do not pledge to make a grant.