Online Giving Announcement
Free Online Giving for PCA Churches
We offer to provide your church with a link to a secure online giving page to which it can direct its members and donors via the church’s website or email or other notification methods. We will bear the costs of this service without charge to your church through the end of June.
Please note the following changes to the program in addition to the general overview that follows:
- No charge through June 30.
- A mandated notice to donors will be added to each secure online giving page: “Please note that as PCAF grants accumulated contributions from that fund to the church it will provide the church a list of contributions and contributors. Note as well that credit card contributions incur a merchant fee (payable to the merchant, not PCAF).”
Here is a general overview of how the process works:
- The PCAF creates a Single Charity fund for your church and then provides a dedicated link to a secure online giving page just for that fund.
- The giving system allows for ACH and credit card contributions, but can be limited to only ACH contributions, if desired, to avoid credit card merchant fees.
- The church deploys on its website and in any other notification it desires a link to the dedicated online giving page. The PCAF will provide for your consideration and use default text to accompany the link.
- All gifts are to the PCAF. The PCAF will provide a year-end receipt to the donor for tax purposes.
- Once a week, the PCAF will make a grant to your church of the balance in the Single Charity fund. The PCAF will distribute the funds by ACH, or if for some reason ACH is not an option, the PCAF will mail a check to the church.
- In conjunction with the weekly grant, the PCAF will provide to the church a summary of all the underlying gifts it received into the Single Charity fund. The report will provide notice to the church if the donor gave a suggested designation.
- There is no cost to the church through the end of June. However, it is important to understand all grants made to the church resulting from a credit card contribution, will be granted net of merchant card processing fees. Merchant card fees range from 2.5% to 3.5% depending on the card provider. After June 30, it is likely there will be a small fee deducted from the weekly grant. Currently, we are considering $5.00, or less, per grant to the church.
- To the best of its ability, the PCAF will customize the dedicated online giving page with a header graphic. We will create a basic graphic for the page or will accept an appropriately sized graphic provided by the church. If interested, you can view a sample of what the link will look like by visiting the PCAF’s own giving page. Again, the page we create will be a dedicated page for the Single Charity fund we establish for your church.
If you approve this giving arrangement, please fill out the form below and we will send you a draft link and default text to review. Your reply will constitute agreement to the terms of the PCAF System Use and Gift Agreement.